3175 Thompson Place, West Vancouver, BC
Our classes are in accordance with the Public Health Guidance for Child Care Settings as posted by BC's Center for Disease Control (BCCDC) and the Ministry for Children and Families (MCFD):
- Our frequent and in-depth cleaning protocols remain in place with use of our Vancouver Coastal Health approved natural disinfectant (Benefect) for toys, furniture, and high touch surfaces.
- All children wishing to wear a mask while at preschool will be supported to change when necessary.
- Windows will continue to be open to increase ventilation, therefore, families are encouraged to send children in layers that can be taken off or left on depending on their child's comfort.
- In order to enter the classroom children and adults should be free from illness including fevers, chills, cough, difficulty breathing (in small children, this can look like breathing fast or working hard to breathe), loss of sense of smell or taste, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea.
- Families are reminded that, as stated by the BCCDC, "staying home when sick is one of the most important ways to reduce the spread of communicable diseases, including COVID-19."
- Once welcomed in the classroom children and their parent/caregiver will be asked to wash their hands before interacting with any materials.
- Children will complete supervised hand washing upon entering the classroom, after coming in from playing outside, after toileting, as well as before and after eating. Hand washing will always be required when children touch their mouths/sneeze/cough.
- At pick up families are asked to wait in the undercover area and children will be dismissed one by one to parents/caregivers.
Early Inquirers Preschool
"providing the freedom to learn"
COVID-19 Response (updated September 6, 2022)